Travelling to Uppsala and the meeting venue.
As scientists, and as advocates for a CO2-lean society, we would like to promote travelling by train. Uppsala can be reached by train from major cities in Europe via Stockholm. For train bookings you may consult a number of different sites. Below are a few suggestions to start.
Uppsala can easily be reached from Arlanda airport (Stockholm international airport), and other airports in the area. The airports and how to get from there to Uppsala are described below. You may also download the information on this page as a pdf file.
Disclaimer: The local organizers cannot take responsibility for late schedule changes or price canges. Please check the airport websites and your airline for updates.
Arrival at Stockholm-Arlanda, Stockholm International Airport • website
Stockholm-Arlanda International Airport is located between Uppsala and Stockholm, 36 km south of Uppsala. This is the main international airport in the Stockholm - Uppsala region, serving all major international airlines and partnerships.
Bus 801 runs between Arlanda and central Uppsala once every hour between 1 a.m and 4 a.m, and twice every hour between 4 a.m and 1 a.m. The journey takes about 45 minutes and costs SEK 100 (approximately EUR 10). You can buy the ticket with a credit or debit card onboard the bus (Am ex and Diners are not accepted). You cannot pay with cash on the bus.
(Note: The bus company "Flygbussarna" connects Arlanda and Stockholm city. It is not recommended to go to Stockholm to reach Uppsala from Arlanda.)
Trains leave Arlanda airport for Uppsala Central Station directly from Sky City.
• Frequency: please consult the timetables online here
• Journey time: approx 20 minutes.
• Cost: 185-205 SEK (approximately EUR 20). Tickets must be purchased in advance.
• Ticket Desk: SJ Resebutik/Travel Office, in Sky City (next to Terminal 5).
Taxis leave from outside the arrival hall. Be sure to tell the driver in advance that you want to go to Uppsala and not Stockholm - the two cities are in opposite directions from the airport.
• Journey time: about 30 minutes
• Cost: about SEK 550 (approx. EUR 55). Ask the driver for a fixed price (“fast pris”) in advance. You can pay by credit card or by cash.
• You can make an advance reservation with Uppsala Taxi: +46 18 100 000 or with Taxi Kurir, Uppsala: +46 18 123456.
Arrival at Stockholm-Bromma Airport • website
Stockholm-Bromma airport is located 9 km west of Stockholm Central Station and 70 km south of Uppsala. Several international airlines are represented here. The airport bus "Flygbussarna" runs between Bromma airport and Stockholm city bus terminal, next to the central train station. Bus frequency: the timetable runs to connect with flight arrivals and departures.
• Cost: single ticket: SEK 79 (approximately. EUR 8) or a return ticket: SEK 150 (approximately EUR 15).
• Journey time to Stockholm: 20 minutes (depending on traffic).
• Ticket Desk: you buy your ticket from the ticket-vending machines or on-line on the website www.flygbussarna.se . E-ticket purchased on-line is valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
From Stockholm central station to Uppsala
From Stockholm Central Station there are trains running with the train company SJ. to Uppsala Central Station:
• Frequency: 2 trains per hour during peak hours, 1 train per hour outside peak hours. Trains start around 6 am. Last departure is 11 pm.
• Journey time: 40 minutes.
• Cost: about SEK 95 (approximately EUR 9).
• Ticket Desk: you buy your ticket from a ticket desk in the main hall of the station or from a ticket-vending machine next to the platform.